spooks on cypherpunks

Black Unicorn unicorn at access.digex.net
Thu Apr 28 11:11:17 PDT 1994

> Thanks for the hot fucking tip, Sparky.  What was your first clue?
> I suggest you not only learn to live with it, you learn to compete at
> their level.  You can ftp my Psychological Warfare Primer for Online
> Activists at ftp.eff.org

What, did he expose some of your friends or something?

> 	/pub/EFF/Issues/Activism/psychwar.primer
>
> You have the right to free speech, and you have the right to dissent.
>
> Use it or loose it slick.   Imagine some spook taking a shit in a public
> restroom.  They're human.  And they fuck up regular as well.

I'm not sure I get your point.  If I imagine the soldier in the field
deficating he won't have any power over me?  Or do I have to imagine the
gun deficating?  The profanity doesn't seem to help me follow your ideas.

> --
> PGP PUBLIC KEY via finger!  JAFEFFM  Speaking & Thinking For Myself!
>
> * eagle at deeptht.armory.com			email info at eff.org *
> *** O U T L A W S  On The  E L E C T R O N I C  F R O N T I E R ****
> ***** Committed to Free Public Internet Access for World Peace *****

One of the problems with cypherpunks, and Mr. May mentioned this
some posts ago, is that you have close to 700 views.

If our friend at nobody wants to "out" someone (if that's what he's
doing), he has his own purpose and motives, and Mr. Davis has little
constructive to say about it.

With 700 people on the list, it's likely that someone will have some
useful purpose for this information.  Since it's impossible to tell who,
or even if anyone can do anything with it you might as well just let it pass.

-russ says:

If the cypherpunk movement is to be an effective non-violent force, it
must realize that secrecy is no help.  The best designed action will
work even if your enemy helps you plan it and carry it out.  Karn's CJR
is an example of this.
<-

I couldn't disagree more.

While secrecy may be difficult, it is HARDLY of no help.

In many ways the discussions on cypherpunks frame the issues months
in advance of the media, the executive and the policy arms.

People come to cypherpunks with new ideas, code and structures.

People in cypherpunks forward budding advances in centralism and
technology both pro and anti - privacy and crypto.

In short, cypherpunks is ahead of the game in many respects.
Would be a prime source of more than SigInt, but also of HumInt.

Its nice when the enemy can't do anything about your work, but it's also
rare.  The more likely is that the enemy is doing IT'S WORK secretly.  Or at
least quietly and with politically timed releases.

The best directed action will work even if your enemy helps you plan it
and carry it out without even knowing they did.

-uni- (Dark)