Faking hostnames and inconvenient anon IP

Mike McNally m5 at vail.tivoli.com
Wed Apr 27 13:19:08 PDT 1994

Sameer writes:
 > 	Well starting sometime this summer I'm going to start selling
 > shell accounts, and I don't plan on spending much time verifying
 > that there is a TrueName associated with any given account.

Most (all?) private PO box places won't give out a box without a
"real" US mail address and some form of ID.  Is this due to legal
requirements (direct or indirect)?  If so, can we not look forward to
such restrictions being placed on those who supply electronic PO
boxes?

--
| GOOD TIME FOR MOVIE - GOING ||| Mike McNally <m5 at tivoli.com>       |
| TAKE TWA TO CAIRO.          ||| Tivoli Systems, Austin, TX:        |