Faking hostnames & CHATTERBOXES

Gary Jeffers CCGARY at MIZZOU1.missouri.edu
Wed Apr 27 13:02:09 PDT 1994

   About faking hosts names being inconvenient: A week or two ago I did
a post FREEDOM DEAMON in which I suggested the idea of the "CHATTERBOX".
A "CHATTERBOX" would be the Internet Chat equivalent of a remailer.
Other names for "CHATTERBOXES" would be "RECHATTERERS" or "RECHATS".
It would hide the location of the user. It would also have the cap-
ability to send commands without disclosing location. For instance, you
could TELNET really anonymously! Lots of other things too! Someone
feel free to write it. Still another way to get rid of host name.- Some-
one once TELNETed to a foreign country computer, then that computer was
kind enough to allow user to IRC to Internet Chat. Who was that "masked
man?"
                                            Yours Truly,
                                            Gary Jeffers
                                            PUSH EM BACK!  PUSH EM BACK!