Rights are on the CP agenda

Perry E. Metzger perry at snark.imsi.com
Tue Apr 26 05:20:25 PDT 1994

rishab at dxm.ernet.in says:
> While public housing projects may not be on the CP agenda, the
> confict between a mob-like majority willing, in order 'to reduce
> crime,' to impinge on the rights of minorities with different
> opinions is *definitely* something to discuss here. If enough
> criminals start using PGP, there may well be similar pressure in
> favour of Clipper.

I would suggest that this topic is not appropriate here. I'm sure its
appropriate -- in other places -- but if we do not focus on
cryptography, many people will be forced to leave this mailing list
and the quality will degrade.

ObCrypto: When implementing D-H for key exchange followed by
conventional crypto on an interactive link, remember that you likely
have large amounts of key material lying around. Switch keys every few
seconds using that surplus material, and exchange new keys using D-H
all the time in the background. Makes the life of the guy listening in
ever so much fun -- breaking one conventional key just means a few
seconds of link have been compromised.

Perry