Remailers

Hal hfinney at shell.portal.com
Sat Apr 23 17:04:24 PDT 1994

From: David Merriman <merriman at metronet.com>
> That is, say I wanted to ensure that traffic analysis on myself were made
> as difficult as possible.  I could Email something to a remailer with an
> embedded 'flag' or code (ex: blackhole, disposal, trash, etc) telling it
> to forward the message to the Bitbucket.

Try chaining the message through multiple remailers, then to a bitbucket
address.  One such address is "nobody at soda.berkeley.edu".  Presumably there
are many of this type.

> Alternatively, I could include
> some other code or flag (ex: rubber, bounce, ricochet, etc) telling it to
> take the included (dummy) data, scramble it some, and return it some
> random time later.

Send yourself an encrypted message, chaining through a bunch of remailers.

See the cypherpunks ftp archive on soda.berkeley.edu for scripts
which will let you do these things.

Hal