Canadian Encryption info???

Christian D. Odhner cdodhner at indirect.com
Wed Apr 20 21:57:48 PDT 1994

I don't know about Nafta or anything specificly, however it is my
understanding that there is no 'outlawed' crypto in canada. I think that
export restrictions are the same or a little tighter than in the US, as
the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) of the united states
says that strong crypto can not be exported from the U.S. except to
Canada. I'm not sure what patent issues apply either.

Happy Hunting, -Chris.

Christian Douglas Odhner     | "The NSA can have my secret key when they pry
cdodhner at indirect.com	     | it from my cold, dead, hands... But they shall
pgp 2.3 public key by finger | NEVER have the password it's encrypted with!"
cypherpunks         WOw            dCD           Traskcom          Team Stupid
  Key fingerprint =  58 62 A2 84 FD 4F 56 38  82 69 6F 08 E4 F1 79 11