remailers

Sameer sameer at soda.berkeley.edu
Wed Apr 20 18:55:08 PDT 1994

Black Unicorn spake:

> For some reason I have not been able to get any of the remailers to
> work with PGP encryption.
>
> In addition, the ping figures at the end of the soda finger file
> don't seem to have changed since I first looked at them some
> days ago.... is this just me?

	No, the ping-thing is actually turned off. ;-(.
	Should probably start that up once again..

> Is anyone out there chaining with PGP supporting remailers?

	I wrote a perl script which does chaining.. it follows

#!/usr/bin/perl
$home = $ENV{'HOME'};
$pgpdir = $home . "/.psuedo";
$pgpexe = "PGPPATH=$pgpdir pgp " ;
$tmp = "/tmp/out.$$" ;
$oldfile = "/tmp/oldfile.$$" ;
@REMAILERS = ('hal at alumni.caltech.edu',
              'remail at infinity.hip.berkeley.edu',
              'hfinney at shell.portal.com',
              'ebrandt at jarthur.claremont.edu',
              'catalyst at netcom.com');

$option = $ARGV[0];
shift;
unshift(ARGV, '-');

&createapath;

sub createapath
{
    print STDERR "Create a path--remailer list:\n";
    $count = 0;
    do
    {
        do
        {
            $num = 0;
            foreach $remailer (@REMAILERS)
            {
                $num++;
                print STDERR $num . ")" . $remailer . "\n" ;
            }
            print STDERR "Choose the next site: (or 0 to end hops) ";
            while(<>)
            {
                $choice = $_ - 1;
                last;
            }
        }
        until ( $choice < $num && $choice > -2 );
        $HOP[$count] = $REMAILERS[$choice] if $choice != -1;
        $count++;
    }
    until ( $choice == -1 ) ;

    $count--;
    print STDERR "Choose the destination: ";
    while(<>)
    {
        $HOP[$count] = $_;
        last;
    }

    while ( $count > 0 )
    {
        open(CRYPT, "| $pgpexe -eaf $HOP[$count-1] > $tmp");
        print CRYPT "::\nAnon-To: $HOP[$count]\n\n";
        if ( open(OLDER, $oldfile) )
        {
            print CRYPT <OLDER>;
            close OLDER;