remailer idea... ultimate in offshore siting?

SINCLAIR DOUGLAS N sinclai at ecf.toronto.edu
Wed Apr 20 15:43:04 PDT 1994

> I've been reading the "remailer musings" thread, and it
> suddenly hit me: why not put the remailer in leo?

I'd had the same musing myself, except with geosynch.
Get the thing to generate its key once it's launched,
and send down the public half.  There's no way it
could by physically compromized.  NASA's shuttle
can't get that high.  I doubt the soviet shuttle could
either.  The only thing 'they' could do would be to
destroy or jam it.

When you say "Wouldn't cost _that_ much", I'd hazard
it's still out of the reach off all but big corporations.