Press Release on Secure NCSA Mosiac

Phil G. Fraering pgf at srl.cacs.usl.edu
Tue Apr 19 16:04:18 PDT 1994

Another question entirely:

Might it be better just to use some sort of stream cypher that
works by XOR'ing the stream against a large one-time pad where
the used parts are deleted as it goes along? I'm thinking currently
of telnet-level applications or larger-level ones based on telnet
like HTTP (I know, technically there are better descriptions of HTTP
and the like).

It would be easy to pre-distribute the one-time pads via PGP or
RSA. This has the advantage of not locking the whole infrastructure
into a single public key system.

Phil