Sgt Russell

joshua geller joshua at cae.retix.com
Tue Apr 19 08:15:05 PDT 1994

Sgt Darren Harlow writes:

> Wayne,
> 	I am sorry that my being on this list is offensive to you.  I joined
> this list to learn about cryptography.  If anything, I would think that you
> would want to help a new person get up to speed.  If you can't grow up and
> treat other people like human beings, maybe you ought to take yourself off of
> the list and go play with your private key by yourself.

> 	My job is important to me.  Learning about cryptography is going to
> help me protect my systems and my messages.  I have no desire to eavesdrop on
> what you or anyone else is doing on this list.  I merely want to learn, and
> possibly contribute to the threads on the list.  I have received several
> helps to clarify my position on this list.

I don't see any reason why sgt. harlow shouldn't be as welcome
as anyone else on the list. there are a large number of people
in the military, and any generalization drawn about them is
likely to be false (of course all generalizations are false, but
that is another matter). for those who enjoy paranoia, I would
point out that sgt. harlow is not the only person on this list
with past or present military associations.

josh