Warrantless searches -- A sign of things to come?

f_griffith at ccsvax.sfasu.edu f_griffith at ccsvax.sfasu.edu
Tue Apr 19 08:09:12 PDT 1994

>The easiest solution is to include a provision in the rental agreement
>stating that you won't possess firearms in the apartment.  In addition,
>include a provision that indicates that the tenant wil consent to any
>search requested by the landlord.  You could even make these provision
>optional, such that any tenant can decline to agree to them by checking
>the appropriate box.
>
>(Most tenants in such projects probably won't bother to read them anyway).

I thought the administration had backed off the original proposal because
of the uproar and had gone to the search waiver provision in the rental
agreement (don't know if they included the firearms part).

It appears that we're still at a point where enough protest from the
informed part of the populace can have an effect.