Science frauds

Phil G. Fraering pgf at srl.cacs.usl.edu
Mon Apr 18 15:58:57 PDT 1994

Uh, Gary, the reason noone's started more research into getting
oil from coal is that it's cheaper to get oil from oil. While we
are too dependent on foreign sources right now, the price of oil
has never been cheaper than now and could go up probably a lot and
not raise the price of gas much compared to how much taxes and
inflation have raised it since 1972.

Look, I'm tired, and this is cypherpunks. I'm willing to discuss
energy policy, etc., over on extropians at extropy.org anytime you're
willing to fork over the money to access it (if I have time; I
often don't).

But anyway, you might want to check out that recent NOVA episode,
"The World Is Full Of Oil."

Phil