Idea for a Minor New Remailer Feature: Dead Drop Aliases

Eli Brandt ebrandt at jarthur.cs.hmc.edu
Sun Apr 17 01:44:46 PDT 1994

> Not to volunteer anybody's copious spare time, but I have a hunch a
> Perl program could implement this automatic reflector easily.

It's a one-liner in the .forward or .maildelivery file you edit to
set up a remailer.  Almost anybody could act as a "bounce point" in
this fashion.  I don't think it would do much for joe at uptight.org,
though.  root at uptight is more likely to notice the traffic than to
happen across joe advertising his remailer in alt.random.group.

> (I don't see any commands in elm,
> my mailer, that can do selective bouncing/forwarding...

Try "man forward".  (Or "man maildelivery" in my case, but probably
not netcom's.)  This sort of handling happens before the MUA sees
the mail.

   Eli   ebrandt at hmc.edu