anti-clipper autobomber

Arsen Ray Arachelian rarachel at prism.poly.edu
Sat Apr 16 13:57:40 PDT 1994

I found this on comp-privacy.  Maybe we can use a scheme like this one to send
anti-clipper information over the net...  Does toad.com have a usenet news
feed?  If so, maybe we can have a program written that scans for keywords
and mails the author of the message some info about cypherpunks and clipper
and digital telespying 2.

I do however strongly suggest that the automail bomber keep records of who
it sent a particular anti-clipper message to.  We don't want to actually
mailbomb people with 500 copies of the same message.  Just one article would
do.

We could also have this program autobomb different articles based on different
keywords.  It would be a good idea to also keep a list of names of those who
complained so we don't send'em anything again, and separate "already-sent-to"
lists for different articles with a central universal "no-send" list.

I would guess that this could be done with a daemon and a couple of scripts,
or perhaps some atrun'ed program.  The 1st program would scan all the articles
for the keywords and useraddresses.  It would then append any usernames it
finds that have sent messages with keywords that may indicate a favorable
response to the article to the article's mail list.  The second program would
then take the mail list for each article and remove any names found in the
universal "send-no-mail-to-me" list, and in the "already-sent-to" list.

The resulting list could be fed to perhaps majordomo(?) or just passed to
a mailer along with the text of each article.  The name would then be
thrown in the "already-sent-to" list after the message completed.

Perhaps at the bottom of the mailed article we can have some instructions
on subscribing to cypherpunks, or telling this autobomber to put the name
into the "no-send" list.  Perhaps a message to majordomo with "remove
autobomber" or something...

I'd imagine that this would create quite a lot of traffic for toad.com, not
to mention the requirements of huge names lists...  Maybe if the articles
are periodic and are no longer sent after a month, it can help keep the
storage and traffic in check???

Anyway, here's the article:

Article 1117 of comp.society.privacy: