Backup Encrypted DOS Partitions?

Bruce MacKay bmackay at ug.cs.dal.ca
Fri Apr 15 08:07:49 PDT 1994

Hi, excuse me if this is in a FAQ someplace, but I'm new to this list.

I am looking for a secure way to backup a SECDRV encrypted partition.

I have a large enough partition that I want to use a Colorado Jumbo 250 Tape.
All of the tape backup software that I have seen is based on DOS file copies.
What I need is something that will do a byte by byte copy of the entire
partition.

Obviously I want my backups encrypted so that they may be safely stored
off site.

Is there software out there that will do the job?  I don't object to writing
something if I can get the Quick80 specs from some place.  (I'm looking for
something that is DOS based.  No Windoze apps, please!)

Any help would be appreciated.
--

Bruce Mackay                              | Finger ug for my PGP public key.
InterNet Address: bmackay at ug.cs.dal.ca    |