PGP encryption

Bob Snyder snyderra at dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu
Thu Apr 14 21:25:50 PDT 1994

At  2:59 PM 4/14/94 -0400, marssaxman at aol.com wrote:
>Are there any shareware/freeware/PD PGP-like encryption systems for the
>Macintosh? Or is there a Mac version of PGP and I just haven't heard about
>it?
>
>-Mars

There's RIPEM Mac, which I heartly endorse.  Does RIPEM and PEM messages
(can pull your AOCE signer from System 7 Pro as a Unaffiliated User
certificate), and does it quite well.  I have a set of AppleScripts I use
to link it up with Eudora, my mail program.  I can send it to anyone who
wants it, if they provide a statement of their citizenship (US or Canada)
and their agreement not to violate the export or RSAREF license
agreeements.  Also available from ripem.msu.edu, although you'll have to
mail the ftp site's maintainer the same info I need.

MacPGP also exists, but isn't as friendly to use, and is generally
available where the standard PGP is located.

Bob

--
Bob Snyder N2KGO                                     MIME, RIPEM mail accepted
snyderra at dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu                       finger for RIPEM public key