Soldier of Fortune

Sandy Sandfort sandfort at crl.com
Thu Apr 14 14:17:11 PDT 1994

C'punks,

On Thu, 14 Apr 1994, M Carling wrote:

> . . .  If anyone is going write something for SOF about PGP, I
> hope that the article focuses on anything but "mercs and wannabees".

Today, I spoke with Bob Brown, editor of SOF.  He just got back from a
six-week trip out of the country, so he was fairly fried.  Nevertheless,
he seemed interested in the concept and asked me to send him a short note
about my proposed article so he and his staff could kick it around.

I wrote up a one-pager which I will mail tomorrow.  I'll follow up next
week if I haven't heard from him.

My article will focus is Clipper and PGP, but, I repeat, who the hell do
you think reads SOF?  The correct answer is:  a few professional military
freelancers (mercs), cops and enlisted military types (wannabees) plus a
smattering of TLA folks.  Those care the demographics, friend.

 S a n d y