Help! New Remailer?

Sameer sameer at soda.berkeley.edu
Thu Apr 14 10:07:36 PDT 1994

> What is the diffrence between Hal's, Sameer's, Nates' and hh's
> remailer??

	My remailer is very similar to Hal's except it is very easy to
install. I don't know about Nates' remailer. I think it is written in C.
hh's remailer started from Hal's remailer but it has many more features.

> I have seen that hh's? remailer at soda.berkeley.edu can post to
> newsgroups. Do I need a SMTP-NNTP gateway to use this remailer WITH
> the option to post to newsgroups?

	You need inews in order to use the post to news function of this
remailer.
	hh & I are working on incorporating his remailer code with my
installation code so that it will be easy to install a remailer which does:

1) Mail
   A) Anonymous
   B) Quick+dirty return addressing
   C) Nonymous (non-anonymous)
2) News (the same 3)
3) PGP encryption
4) pinger -- Ray's code which keeps track of which remailers are running
5) Pool/deliver/inject traffic analysis defeating..
	(outgoing mail/news is pooled and every so often a program is
run delivering the pooled messages to where they should go)

	More details will, of course, be released once the thing is
actually ready for wide release.

	Good work in trying to set up a remailer!