alias in phone book

Sandy Sandfort sandfort at crl.com
Tue Apr 12 13:22:29 PDT 1994

C'punks,

On Tue, 12 Apr 1994, Adam Lake wrote:

> . . .
>
> A professor of communications has brought up the fact that it is illegal
> to use a pseudo in the white pages of the phone book.  Is this the case?
> Help!!!!

To the best of my knowledge, your professor is full of it.  For years, I
was listed in the White Pages as "TANSTAFFL."  The phone company put up a
fuss at first, but I bullied them into it.

In the same White Pages a gay bartender in San Francisco's Castro
district used the name, Kate Forna, which in telephone order is:

			Forna, Kate

Works for me.

 S a n d y