RMorality and Ethics (was Pseudonym's and Reputation)

Blanc Weber blancw at microsoft.com
Fri Apr 8 12:20:45 PDT 1994

From: Jeff Davis

"McCandlish and I discussed morality and ethics early during our initial
"handshake".  Stanton said there is no morality, only ethics- what do
you think?"

I think one is the study of the subject and the other is the
application of it, according to one's personal interpretation.

*** Morality is the ablility to differentiate between right and wrong,
without denotation.  Thus, each situation defines an eidetic decision
and implementation which would be the application of an ethical standard
based on past experience.  Therefore, endogenous morality is quite tangible,
while exogenous morality is most likely unethical, and detrimental to the
purity of being. ***

I couldn't understand this paragraph very well, as it is too cryptic.

Blanc