Rubbish Lister

Istvan Oszaraz von Keszi vkisosza at acs.ucalgary.ca
Wed Apr 6 00:05:11 PDT 1994

I've been following the remailer debate, and have found it's
easier to understand in code.  Right now, I am trying to find a
regular expression which unfolds the from line.  All it
does is parse on the message using ::<cr><lf> for a command
block.

(That should finish up the first parse.)

It keeps a subject from the header but overwrites it.  And it
keeps track of who sent the mail in case they want something sent
back.  It looks for /^command/ in the command block (it reads in
lines of 2) and acts accordingly.  (To: is understood, but
unfolding the rest?????)  It also sends an operator message based
on log and debugging levels.

I'm editting this code myself, both so that I understand it and
can maintain it.  My problems are twofold, first,  the operator
can look at the messages.  Although, why would anyone want to,
given the risks? Second, PGPPASS on a multi-user system gives
a false sense of security.  Definitely, not a feature.

So, I've got skeleton code, which way to turn, how to flesh it out.

--

"My memory is so bad, that many times I forget my own name!"