Re(2): Economic assumptions

Harry Shapiro Hawk habs at warwick.com
Tue Apr 5 08:01:02 PDT 1994

Evil Pete says:
> > I can imagine that bandwidth in the fibersphere for text transmission
> > will be too cheap to meter, which means that the cost of metering

 ------ From: imsi.com!perry at panix.UUCP, Tue, Apr 5, 1994 ------
@ Abeen some years since I noticed the cost of my electric bill. Now,
@ admittedly, I'm a fairly well off person, but were my communications
@ costs for a very wide band fiber connection, even if usage based, as
@ low as that for my electric usage, I would never notice the cost.

Interesting to note here, is that if you are paying by the bits
for an Movie (full lenght feature film, etc.) and its TOTAL cost
is around 3 or 4 dollars, than the cost of voice phone calls and test
transfer would be ALMOST to cheap to calculate. It has been discussed
that one results is your "network provider" may effectly GIVE you
free long distance service if you, for examply, buy your movie
"rentals" from him/her.

Harry Shapiro Hawk
Manager of Computer Services
Warwick Baker & Fiore              habs at uucp.warwick.com