wrong place at wrong time...

Eli Brandt ebrandt at jarthur.cs.hmc.edu
Mon Apr 4 13:09:44 PDT 1994

> From: tmp at netcom.com
> hello, whoever this `detweiler' person is you really seem to hate him.
[note use of scare quotes where ordinary ones would be appropriate]
> consider this-- suppose that i really hate t.c.may (this is just an
[note spaceless initials]
> then again, that's all that mitnick and morris did <g>
[note closing <g>]

If this isn't Detweiler, it's certainly someone trying to look like
him.  The quoted message demonstrates some familiarity with his
epistolary style; note also the tmp/TMP `coincidence'.  I have to
conclude that the "whoever this `detweiler' person is" opener is
disingenuous (as well as being stylistically similar to an12070's
attempts to distance himself from "his colleague" Detweiler), and that
tmp at netcom.com is probably the Blight itself.

   Eli   ebrandt at hmc.edu
         finger for PGP key.
"I have noticed an interesting overlap between radical libertarians, crypto-
 anarchists, psychopunks, and people who promote sodomy."  -- L. Detweiler