CryptoAnarchy

Jeremiah A Blatz darklord+ at CMU.EDU
Sat Apr 2 08:01:25 PST 1994

Excerpts from internet.cypherpunks: 1-Apr-94 CryptoAnarchy by tmp at netcom.com
> hello. could someone tell me what is meant by the term `cryptoanarchy'?

Well, if "they" (those who are in power, usu. government) don't know
what the hell you're doing, and are trapped by their own laws and fear
of public unrest into permitting you to hide your actions from them,
then they can't control you. That's the theory, at least.

Given the propensity of humans to form power structures, particularly in
times of unrest, it's probably not paooible given our current
evolutionary state. Maybe in a bunch o'decades...

Jer

darklord at cmu.edu | "it's not a matter of rights  / it's just a matter of war
finger me for my |  don't have a reason to fight / they never had one before"
   Geek Code and |                                    -Ministry, "Hero"
  PGP public key | http://www.cs.cmu.edu:8001/afs/andrew.cmu.edu/usr25/jbde/