The President's Analyst

Jim Miller jim at bilbo.suite.com
Fri Apr 1 15:37:45 PST 1994

I saw a movie last night called "The President's Analyst".  The movie
was made in the mid 60's.  It's an action comedy that stars James
Coburn as the President's psychiatrist who sneaks away from the job
because he doesn't like it.  Most of the movie consists of silly
scenes of spies from the world's major countries chasing after Coburn
under the assumption he knows all the President's secrets.  At one
point in the movie the Russian spy is talking to the US spy...

Russian spy:  You mean all the phones in the country are tapped?  But
this is America, not the Soviet Union!!

It's a moderately funny movie that contains more truth now than when
it was first shown.  I recommend it as a cheap laugh and somewhat
relevant to today's issues.

Jim_Miller at suite.com