PHILIP ZIMMERMAN ARRESTED [NOT!]

gnu gnu
Fri Apr 1 10:48:20 PST 1994

This is an April Fools' Day prank.  I spoke personally to Phil
and he is sitting comfortably in his own house (with the phone ringing
off the hook).

	John

------- Forwarded Message

From: Tommy the Tourist <nobody at soda.berkeley.edu>
Newsgroups: alt.security.pgp
Subject: PLEASE READ: PHILIP ZIMMERMAN ARRESTED
Date: 1 Apr 1994 14:25:30 GMT
Originator: hh at soda.berkeley.edu

Philip Zimmerman, writer of the popular encryption program PGP, has been
arrested! He is being held on $1,000,000 bail. The charges against him are
as follows:

1) Violating PKP's patent on RSA.
2) Allowing PGP to be distributed outside of the US.

I have just heard about this, since I work for the FBI (which is why I am
posting this anonymously), and will post more information when I can get it.

You may wish to set up a fund to help pay Zimmerman's bail.

ecodefence nitroglycerin
uzi detonate
For more information about this anonymous posting service, please send mail
to hh at soda.berkeley.edu with Subject: remailer-info.  Eric Hollander takes
no responsibility for the contents of this post.  Please, don't throw knives.

------- End of Forwarded Message