POISON PILL

Panzer Boy panzer at drown.slip.andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Sep 30 22:27:11 PDT 1993

Bombs.  Electro-Magnectic Pulse would be good.  But the only way I know
how to generate one of these is via a nuke... Probably a little over kill.

Blowing things up is nice and all but also lacks style (unless you nuke).

Basically a permently encrypted harddrive would be fine.  Every boot up
you need to enter a password.  If the screen saver kicks in, you have to
enter a password, or it reboots.  Stuff like this.

If you want to, enter the wrong password and it still boots up.  But when
it does, there is a virus running or something else.  Basically, if you
are arrested for stuff, and they confiscate your equipment, they already
are pretty sure of your guilt, if you are guilty or not.  Pissing them off
and destroying things makes you seem more guilty.  Encryption is still
viewed as something you do if you have something to hide.  Why encrypt,
unless you are guilty?

Now that I think about it.  When the wrong password is entered, the
computer should still boot.  But all the files that are encrypted are
deleted from the directories.  And they appear as bad blocks, or something
else.

I'm sure people could go on, and on with this stuff.  Whatever happened to
the Crypto-Stacker stuff?

-Matt
(panzer at drown.slip.andrew.cmu.edu)

Do you use IRC?  Try connecting to drown.slip.andrew.cmu.edu 6667 with a
standard IRC client.