REMAIL: digicash II

Karl Lui Barrus klbarrus at owlnet.rice.edu
Thu Sep 30 19:52:37 PDT 1993

Heh, my math is slightly off: the chances of a duplication are
actually 1/(62^60) since valid characters are [a-zA-Z0-9], and each
cash string is of length 61, 60 characters taken randomly from the set
of valid characters, and an initial 'B' (since all the cash issued
from elee7h5 at rosebud starts with an 'A').  On the other hand, I'm not
using a cryptographically strong random number generator (I'm waiting
for the soon to be released PGP library :-)

Remailing seems to a bit slower, probably because the perl hacks I
added slurp the entire file of valid strings, check payment, and
rewrite the file, minus valid payment.

Also, the more enterprising and devious among you :-) will soon note
that the remailer elee6ue at rosebud passes along the subject line even
when payment fails.  Thus, if you collapse your entire message into
the subject, you can still get a message through.  I will fix this
problem soon!

Karl L. Barrus: klbarrus at owlnet.rice.edu
keyID: 5AD633 hash: D1 59 9D 48 72 E9 19 D5  3D F3 93 7E 81 B5 CC 32

"One man's mnemonic is another man's cryptography"
  - my compilers prof discussing file naming in public directories