POISON PILL

J. Michael Diehl mdiehl at triton.unm.edu
Thu Sep 30 18:32:28 PDT 1993

Well, I have to say that I love this idea!  I have a few suggestions, tho.  How
about we take a copy of the public domain bios source, or disassemble one
ourselves.  We hack the code a bit...  Then we burn a new prom to install into
our machines.  AND WE EPOXY THE MOTHER TO THE DAMNED BOARD!  We build a card to
stick in our machine which receives a radio signal which contains a decription
key to be supplied to the bios hacks mentioned above.  So we use a protable
radio transmitter to send the password to our machine.  Our bios waits for this
password for use in decripting the filesystem.  If the bios doesn't get this
password, it trashes the cmos and does whatever other mean things it wants to.
Perhapse part of the card could have login in it which would short the power-
supply to the memory bus... shit!  Hypothetically, we have two passwords for
our system, one for the Feds, and one for Honest people.  When the bios receives
the Fed-password, it acts normally, (for a time?) except it also unleashes a
*nasty* virus from within it's own rom!  This would take "care" of the Fed's
data in adition to screwing up the machine.

Just my two cents....

J. Michael Diehl   ;^)  |*The 2nd Amendment is there in case the
mdiehl at triton.unm.edu   | Government forgets about the 1st!  <RL>
Mike.Diehl at f29.n301.z1  |*God is a good Physicist, and an even
    .fidonet.org        | better Mathematician.  <Me>
al945 at cwns9.ins.cwru.edu|*I'm just looking for the opportunity to
 (505) 299-2282 (voice) | be Politically Incorrect! <Me>
Can we impeach him yet? |*Protected by 18 USC 2511 and 18 USC 2703.
PGP Key = 7C06F1 = A6 27 E1 1D 5F B2 F2 F1  12 E7 53 2D 85 A2 10 5D