A Word From Bill

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Thu Sep 30 07:51:53 PDT 1993

Since president at whitehouse.gov is not yet a full duplex operation, I
wanted to take this opportunity to speak personally to all you
cypherpunkian-Americans (and the odd foreigner) out there.  I feel your
pain.  I understand your concerns.  Your concerns are my concerns.  As I
said on September 14th:

I want to say to my fellow Americans, when you live in a time of change,
the only way to recover your security and broaden your horizons is to
adapt to the change, to embrace it, to move forward.

Nothing we do, nothing we do in this great capital can change the fact
that factories or information can flash across the world, that people can
move money around in the blink of an eye.  Nothing can change the fact
that technology can be adopted, once created, by people all across the
world and then rapidly adapted in new and different ways by people who
have a little different take on the way that technology works...

...I tell you my fellow Americans, that if we learn anything from the
collapse of the Berlin Wall and the fall of the governments of Eastern
Europe, even a totally controlled society cannot resist the winds of
change that economics, and technology, and information flow have imposed
on this world of ours.  That is not an option.  Our only realistic option
is to embrace these changes...

William Jefferson Blythe Clinton

--- WinQwk 2.0b#0