Orange book, the NSA, and the NCSC

Ed Carp khijol!erc
Wed Sep 29 02:11:39 PDT 1993

> Better yet, send them large PGP-encrypted messages using maximum-length
> public keys that are not registered with the key servers. That should
> keep their Crays busy for a while. :-)

Even if a Cray can crack a PGP-encrypted message in, say, an hour, flooding
the system with messages would tend to obscure real traffic with obscure
junk.  Hey, I can encrypt /vmunix with a random key as fast as the next
person.  :)
--
Ed Carp, N7EKG			erc at apple.com			510/659-9560
                            anon-0001 at khijol.uucp
If you want magic, let go of your armor.  Magic is so much stronger than
steel!        -- Richard Bach, "The Bridge Across Forever"