saturation tactics?

George A. Gleason gg at well.sf.ca.us
Tue Sep 28 01:01:24 PDT 1993

yeah, here's a cheaper version.  Write to the arms excport license people
and pester them with questions: I'm a BBS operator, what should I do?; I'm a
businessperson travelling overseas and need my crypto to comm with the home
office what should I do?; all this kind of thing.  Swamp them with letters.
Every person and every circumstance which even remotely fits.

An alternative version which would require more guts and perhaps a serious
conscientious decision about whether it's worth making this an act of civil
disobedience, is to write to them and say, "I'm a BBS operator, not an arms
merchant, and on the strength of my 1st-A rights I'm not going to censor my
board or get a license..."  or  "I'm a businessperson who travels & takes my
cryupto out of the country on my laptop to comm with the home office; I'm
not an arms dealer either and I don't intend to get a license..."  And
again, there is strength in numbers here.

And of course, a good steganographic program or two would be a very nice
development indeed, Just In Case.

-gg