the public key minefield

Peter Baumbach baumbach at atmel.com
Mon Sep 27 18:21:21 PDT 1993

> You seem to have missed my earlier summary of how patents are structured.
> A separate part of the patent from the claims describes how to build the
> claimed device.  The claims aren't supposed to.

Do you agree or disagree that:

 'the concept of "anti-gravity" device is not patentable.
  If I could duplicate the effect of your anti-gravity device without
  using any of the same novel mechanisms.  My device would be
  separately patentable.' ?

If you agree, then how can you patent "public key systems" as a concept?

If you disagree, then we can leave it at that.

Peter Baumbach
baumbach at atmel.com