Public-Key Crypto Toolkit

Perry E. Metzger pmetzger at lehman.com
Wed Sep 22 08:16:53 PDT 1993

Paul Robichaux says:
> I'd really like to see the toolkit in plain ol' C. I realize that
> other languages and systems have great advantages over C, but C is
> portable beyond belief.

I agree. By having a good toolkit in C, we'd have an easy time not
just prototyping applications but building real and portable ones.

I'd suggest that a streams mechanism, so you could attach various
processes to a bunch of data in sequence the way unix filters work,
would also be nice. That way sequences like

compress -- des -- tran -- des -- idea -- radix-64ify

could be really easily built.

Perry