pgp by mail

Peter Baumbach baumbach at atmel.com
Mon Sep 20 18:46:18 PDT 1993

Hello all,

  Would someone with full internet access please do a favor for those
of us who only have email access.  I am looking for a detailed list of
ftp sites that carry pgp.  I need directory names and exact file names.
With this information I can write up some mail-ftp scripts to get the
files.  These mail-ftp servers take a while to respond, and they only
allow one "ls" per message.  Looking for the files is very inconvenient.
I'll post the scripts (they are very simple) to the list and elsewhere.

  I'm looking for source and executables that run on IBM, Mac, SPARC, and
Amiga.  Specific pointers to documentation, FAQ, etc. is also useful.

  An example of using a mail-ftp server:

To: FTPMAIL at decwrl.dec.com
Subject: Any thing of interest to you

connect ftp.the.site.with.the.goods