more deranged lunatic ravings -- just delete 'em!

Ed Carp khijol!erc at apple.com
Sun Sep 19 10:29:46 PDT 1993

> As I've noted in private mail to you, *WE* are not conducting this
> investigation. *WE* are not involved. *WE* haven't been summoned to
> provide evidence in court.

First off, 'we' ARE involved.  This case is IMPORTANT, and can have far-
reaching consequences for us.  This reminds me of the old story that starts
out 'they came and got the Jews, and I said nothing because I wasn't a Jew...'.

> Well, yes. I don't get easily excited about court cases. The case is
> IMPORTANT, but having had long experience with courts, I know that

Agreed, it IS important!

> I have a great deal of trouble getting excited over something that
> will take years to resolve, yes. This is not like watching the D-Day
> invasion, or even like watching trench warfare in WWI. This is very
> much like watching people playing chess while immersed in ice cold
> molasses. Hard to get thrilled by the pace, Mr. Detweiler.

The attorneys and other experts looking at this case apparantly don't share
your lack of enthuasism.  Even in the very early stages, the groundwork that
is laid in a case like this is of TREMENDOUS importance to the outcome of
the case, regardless of how long it takes to be resolved.  Frankly, I'm
surprised at your lackadaisical attitude - if you had been involved in the
justice system in this country for any length of time, you'd have realized
that EVERY step taken along the way is IMPORTANT, regardless of how trivial
or unimportant those steps appear now.  Cases involving billions of dollars
have been decided by trivial details.
--
Ed Carp, N7EKG			erc at apple.com			510/659-9560
                            anon-0001 at khijol.uucp
If you want magic, let go of your armor.  Magic is so much stronger than
steel!        -- Richard Bach, "The Bridge Across Forever"