Definition of "Zero Knowledge"

Ed Carp khijol!erc at apple.com
Sat Sep 18 21:20:38 PDT 1993

> > > Not necessarily. Zero knowledge proof techniques, for instance, can be
> > > applied to make source code as impenetrable as one wishes. This tends to
> > > carry a heavy runtime overhead, of course.
> >
> > Could you go into more detail on this?  Thanks!
> > --
> > Ed Carp, N7EKG			erc at apple.com			510/659-9560
>
> I didn't write the item above, but I'll add my comments anyway.
>
> Zero knowledge interactive proof systems are a critical part of modern
> crypto. Here's the brief summary from the Cypherpunks Glossary,
> available by anon. ftp at soda.berkeley.edu in pub/cypherpunks/misc as
> glossary.text.gz.

Thanks for the definition (but I knew that, anyway).  Sorru I wasn't clear -
what I was looking for was examples of how zero-knowledge proof techniques
could make source code impenetrable.

Source would be nice, too... ;)
--
Ed Carp, N7EKG			erc at apple.com			510/659-9560
                            anon-0001 at khijol.uucp
If you want magic, let go of your armor.  Magic is so much stronger than
steel!        -- Richard Bach, "The Bridge Across Forever"