Does this seem illegal to you?

Timothy C. May tcmay at netcom.com
Sat Sep 18 12:11:32 PDT 1993

A1 Ray A. writes:

> Actually you don't have to give the exact phone number.  In most dense areas
> the phone number prefix should be enough to get you in the proximity of
> where you want to go.  Then when you get there, find a pay phone call up
> the person you want to reach and ask for directions from your current
> location.
>
> Of course, it becomes an invasion of privacy if you use the guy's real
> number and he hasn't invited you!

Nonsense! (Not to sound like David Sternlight, or anything.)

This is what doors and locks are all about: to keep out folks who come
to our houses uninvited.

Anyone is free to look up the publically available information (or
privately available, if they get access to it...another matter) and go
to a physical location. My house, your house, Dorothy Denning's house,
whatever.

Trespass is another matter entirely. So is "stalking" (though I fear
the concept is being increasingly overused and may infringe other
basic rights).

-Tim May

tcmay at netcom.com       | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero
Higher Power: 2^756839 | Public Key: PGP and MailSafe available.
Note: I put time and money into writing this posting. I hope you enjoy it.