anon.penet.fi

Eli Brandt ebrandt at jarthur.Claremont.EDU
Sat Sep 18 10:45:30 PDT 1993

> To the penet knowledgeable: is my understanding correct?

It depends on the remailer.  Mine, for example, sends messages with a
From: line of "eli-remailer at jarthur...", and some others do similar
things.  I believe this address already has a penet address.  I have
no problems with chaining from here to penet, though I suggest making
it clear that 1) attempts to reply will result in an ugly bounce, and
2) the persona using the chained ID can be identified only by
continuity of digital signature.  IMHO, this is useful way of bumping
the anonymity level up a notch over posting directly with penet -- an
attacker needs both penet's lists and a bunch of sendmail logs.
Others, including Julf, may feel differently, as this provides some
degree of "hit-and-run anonymity".

	 PGP 2 key by finger or e-mail
   Eli   ebrandt at jarthur.claremont.edu