reporter seeking interview subjects

Matt Binder binder at well.sf.ca.us
Fri Sep 17 23:11:20 PDT 1993

Hi, my name is Matt Binder.  Please help me...
        I'm a radio reporter in the SF Bay area working on a series
of pieces about invasions of privacy in the computer age.  I'm
looking for interesting "case studies" that I can use to horrify
my listeners out of their complacency.  My most immediate need is
to find someone whose medical records were used (perused!)
improperly, and/or whose records were incorrect and resulted in
the denial of insurance, employment, loans, adoptions, etc.  But
please also let me know about privacy invasions in other areas
(employer e-mail monitoring, workplace drug testing, credit
problems, weird solicitations, etc.) for future stories.
        I've been a science and technology reporter for ten years,
the first five at KPFA in Berkeley.  This series of reports will
air on a number of different stations and networks including
Pacifica, KPFA, KQED and The Christian Science Monitor radio
network.
                Feel free to circulate this request as you like.

                                                        Thanks, Matt
p.s. I will be really busy until 9/23 so don't give up on me if you
don't hear back right away.
I'm binder at well.sf.ca.us