Random numbers

Anon of Ibid an31185 at anon.penet.fi
Wed Sep 15 15:05:31 PDT 1993

mjr at TIS.COM writes:
>So figure you want more than 56 bits of pure unpredictability as your
>seed. This is a tricky problem. One option is to give the user a typematic
>buffer: "hit keys for 30 seconds" - you NEED unpredictability!

So, it sounds like what we *really* need is a little box with a shot-noise
generator that attaches to a serial port and generates truly random
numbers to use for the key. Anyone out there feel like designing one for us ?

Also, what's the recommended book/books on cryptanalysis ? Looks like
I have a fair amount to read up on.....

To find out more about the anon service, send mail to help at anon.penet.fi.
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to admin at anon.penet.fi.