REMAIL: testing remailer & keys

Karl Lui Barrus klbarrus at owlnet.rice.edu
Tue Sep 14 13:35:22 PDT 1993

I think there are two more remailers:

elee7h5 at rosebud.ee.uh.edu, and
catalyst at netcom.com

(keys below)

Incidentally, I see you have the Mr. Remailer key
(elee6ue at rosebud.ee.uh.edu).  How did that slip out? :-)
I must have extracted it instead of elee7h5 at rosebud.ee.uh.edu.

Anyway, that one should be stable - I've used it for various scripts
hacks and testing, and I restored it to plain form recently.

In fact, it may become the preferred remailer on rosebud - the account
it is in is still "valid"; it belongs to a friend of mine who is
currently working in New Hampshire (he has no telnet access).  His
password is still valid, and the remailer is set up with his
permission (even blessings).

I mention this since I have been told by a lawyer that running a
remailer on an account I no longer have legitimate access to breaks
about three laws here in Texas.  So I attempted to re-legitimize my
account (described below).

Once upon a time that was my account, but I'm through with that grad
area, and university, so the account is locked now... but my directory
structure is still there.  So, I mailed to two people in charge on
rosebud and told them to get back to me.  So far, I haven't heard
anything, so maybe they don't care!  Actually, if it doesn't impose a
cpu burden (it doesn't) or take up much space (it doesn't), they might
not give a crap.

elee7h5 at rosebud.ee.uh.edu:

catalyst at netcom.com

Karl L. Barrus: klbarrus at owlnet.rice.edu
keyID: 5AD633 hash: D1 59 9D 48 72 E9 19 D5  3D F3 93 7E 81 B5 CC 32

"One man's mnemonic is another man's cryptography"
  - my compilers prof discussing file naming in public directories