testing remailers, the keys for my remailers

Ray rjc at gnu.ai.mit.edu
Mon Sep 13 21:48:49 PDT 1993

Sameer Parekh () writes:

> 	Has anyone written or is someone writing a script which will
> take a list of remailers, and ping each of them to see if they are
> working, both encrypted and unencrypted? If no one has taken on that
> task, I'd be willing to do it.. I'll list here the remailers for whom
> I have the keys for... if another remailer exists which I don't know
> about please send me the key.

  Yes,  I started writing such a system about 3 weeks ago but quit when
school started. Basically, it was a mail server to be operated at gnu.
Remailer operators would "register" their remailer along with
some stats (PGP or RIPEM capability? Public Key? Private Machine? Delay time?
Mix capability? Owner? Comment field.)

  The software would then "ping" each remailer every 6 hours and update
its database. If you wanted a list of current working remailers, you would
ask the mail server (I was even thinking of adding socket capability
for fast query)

  I might eventually take some time to finish it (it wasn't even 50%
done) but I've got too much work to do now.

-Ray

-- Ray Cromwell        |    Engineering is the implementation of science;    --
-- EE/Math Student     |       politics is the implementation of faith.      --
-- rjc at gnu.ai.mit.edu  |                         - Zetetic Commentaries      --