REMAIL: 9/6/93

Karl Lui Barrus klbarrus at owlnet.rice.edu
Sun Sep 5 09:46:01 PDT 1993

With all the new remailers, and more to come soon, I thought I'd post an
updated list.

Updated public keys and unix scripts should be available soon; hopefully I'll
update the dos batch files this weekend as well.

NOTE: my new remailer (elee9sf at menudo.uh.edu) is not on this list, partly
because I don't expect it to run for any great length of time.  It is more
of an experiment to support PGP and RIPEM at the same remailer.  If you
missed the public keys, mail to me and I'll send them.

Cypherpunk anonymous remailers, 9/6/93

Q1: What are the anonymous remailers?

A1:

 1: nowhere at bsu-cs.bsu.edu
 2: hh at cicada.berkeley.edu
 3: hh at pmantis.berkeley.edu
 4: hh at soda.berkeley.edu
 5: 00x at uclink.berkeley.edu
 6: cdodhner at indirect.com
 7: hal at alumni.caltech.edu
 8: cs60a-qu at cory.eecs.berkeley.edu
 9: ebrandt at jarthur.claremont.edu
10: catalyst at netcom.com
11: sameer at netcom.com
12: remailer at rebma.mn.org
13: elee7h5 at rosebud.ee.uh.edu
14: hfinney at shell.portal.com
15: remail at tamsun.tamu.edu
16: remail at tamaix.tamu.edu
17: remailer at utter.dis.org
18: remailer at entropy.linet.org
19: remail at extropia.wimsey.com

NOTES:

1-6		no encryption of remailing requests
7-19		support encrypted remailing requests
19		special - header and message must be encrypted together
12,17,18,19	introduce larger than average delay (not direct connect)
12,17,19	running on privately owned machines

Q2: What help is available?

A2:

Check out the pub/cypherpunks/remailer directory at soda.berkeley.edu
(128.32.149.19).

chain.zip             - program that helps with using remailers
dosbat.zip            - MSDOS batch files that help with using remailers
hal's.instructions.gz - in depth instruction on how to use
hal's.remailer.gz     - remailer code
pubkeys.tar.gz        - public keys of remailers which support encryption
pubkeys.zip           - MSDOS zip file of public keys
scripts.tar.gz        - scripts that help with using remailers

Mail to me (klbarrus at owlnet.rice.edu) for further help and/or questions.

Q3.  Email-to-Usenet gateways?

A3.

 1: group-name at cs.utexas.edu
 2: group.name.usenet at decwrl.dec.com
 3: group.name at news.demon.co.uk
 4: group.name at news.cs.indiana.edu
 5: group-name at pws.bull.com
 6: group-name at ucbvax.berkeley.edu

NOTES:

*  This does not include ones that work for single groups, like twwells.com.
#1 apparently blocks anonymous remailer posts
#6 blocks from non-berkeley sites (so use the berkeley remailers :-)