Gubment Bombmaker's Cookbook

George A. Gleason gg at well.sf.ca.us
Sun Sep 5 01:27:30 PDT 1993

This case brings up the same larger issue as does privacy in all its forms:
the question of whether and to what degree the protection of the Bill of
Rights extends into the realm of electronic media.

I strongly suggest it's time to start a grassroots campaign for a new
constitutional amendment which extends all constitutional protections to
include and encompass "any electronic or optical or other means of
information storage, processing, and communication."  With a relatively
liberal, pro-technology administration in the White House, this stands a
better chance of passing now than it did a few years ago.

A constitutional amendment would put BBSs etc. on the same footing as the
spoken word and the printed page.  Without this, we're doomed to a future of
petty tyrrany and censorship.

-gg