No Subject

Samuel Pigg b44729 at achilles.ctd.anl.gov
Fri Sep 3 23:35:35 PDT 1993

 > ld231782 at longs.lance.colostate.edu (L. Detweiler) writes:

 >C'punks, it seems to me that the anonymous pool idea is underutilized
 >by the remailers. I suggest that a remailer variation be developed that
 >posts to an anonymous pool (some appropriate obscure newsgroup)

 MC> No need to change anything.  Just add a pool address to the
 MC> "Request-remailing-to:" line.

 MC> Miron Cuperman <miron at extropia.wimsey.com>

	anonymous> Excuse me if I am misunderstanding the "obscure
	anonymous> newsgroup" concept, but is not the
	anonymous> "Request-Remailing-To:" feature of cypherpunks
	anonymous> remailers unable to post to newsgroups, but only to
	anonymous> individual or mailing list addresses?  I have been
	anonymous> told that only Penet's remailer could remail
	anonymous> directly to newsgroups, obscure or otherwise.

	anonymous> Thanks for any clarification.

No, I think that julf's remailer is the only *anonymous* posting
facility (heck there might be more *now*.) But there are several (last
I checked) non-anonymous mail->news gateways on the net, and if used
from a remailer, the only address the mail->news gateway would have is
the remailer's.
	Of course, the remailers could be rewritten to allow posting
capability also. (probably not a good idea, as I doubt many of the
remailer admins would want to suffer throught the controversy that
Julf has had to) but it's up to them.

Sam Pigg                                  dt1acaa at cfraix.cfr.usf.edu
samp at renoir.cftnet.com        <or>       b44729 at achilles.ctd.anl.gov
PGP Key Fingerprint: ED A7 49 33 65 90 9A BD A4 E4 C5 92 5A 00 BC 6C