remailer reliability

M. Stirner M..Stirner at f28.n125.z1.FIDONET.ORG
Fri Sep 3 17:05:17 PDT 1993

 Uu> C'punks, it seems to me that the anonymous pool idea is underutilized
 Uu> by the remailers. I suggest that a remailer variation be developed
 Uu> that posts to an anonymous pool (some appropriate obscure newsgroup)
 Uu> indicating that a message actually was sent from the final hop.

I'm not absolutely clear on what you are suggesting, but I suspect that
alt.test can probably be made to serve your purposes.  Before the
password mess on penet (which kills automagic replies, unfortunately, as
they haven't passwords), I used the autoreplies that come form various
US & foreign sites in response to alt.test postings as a good shakedown
of penet remailer reliability.  I haven't messed with alt.test in a
while so have pretty much forgotten the drill, but it was definitely
useful at the time.

* <m..stirner at f28.n125.z1.fidonet.org> - PGP Key D30909 via servers *
* > What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not  <*
* > warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit <*
* > of resistance?  Let them take arms!" - Thomas Jefferson, 1787  <*

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12
--
M. Stirner - via FidoNet node 1:125/1
UUCP: ...!uunet!kumr!shelter!28!M..Stirner