PGP automation

J. Michael Diehl mdiehl at triton.unm.edu
Thu Oct 28 16:42:43 PDT 1993

According to douglas craig holland:

> Right now, it is a complete pain in the ass for me to encrypt or sign
> messages using PGP.  The reason is because I have my email account on
> one of CSU's unix machines, so I have to do my posting there, while
> my PGP stuff lives on my PC in my apartment.  Usually, I check my mail
> and read news by calling CSUNet over my modem, but if I want to encrypt,
> decrypt, sign or check the signature of a message, I have to zmodem the
> message to my machine, log off, decrypt or check the message while
> offline (or at least shelled into DOS), type up a reply, manually encrypt
> it and finally get back into my term program and zmodem the reply back
> up to CSUNet and mail it.  I don't really want to run PGP on CSUNet, since
> I don't trust their machines like I trust mine, but I am thinking about
> doing that and generating a key which I would be wiling to use for less
> secure stuff.  Anyone here have any other suggestions on making encryption
> less of a pain?

If you happen to use 4dos and telix on your pc at home, I have some (imho) nice
tools which make it easy to encrypt...  For a taste of what I mean, try my
menu.btm menu program for pgp under 4dos.  If you like it, you can look at my
(as yet unreleased) mail program.  Lagers.

J. Michael Diehl   ;^)  |*The 2nd Amendment is there in case the
mdiehl at triton.unm.edu   | Government forgets about the 1st!  <RL>
Mike.Diehl at f29.n301.z1  |*God is a good Physicist, and an even
    .fidonet.org        | better Mathematician.  <Me>
al945 at cwns9.ins.cwru.edu|*I'm just looking for the opportunity to
 (505) 299-2282 (voice) | be Politically Incorrect! <Me>
Can we impeach him yet? |*Protected by 18 USC 2511 and 18 USC 2703.