Signing our keys

Eric Hughes hughes at ah.com
Thu Oct 28 11:48:08 PDT 1993

>A PEM key is bound to a particular identity by a
>certificate. Right now, you can only get these certificates from
>entities that want some concrete evidence of your True Name

RSA is running a persona certificate server for PEM keys.  They don't
ask for anything.  Their latest brochure diagrams these as "anonymous
internet users."  I don't know the address, but I do know that six
months ago it was running and being tested.

It would be interesting to know if such certificates worked in the new
Apple system 7.  If so, there may soon be a whole flood of Mac-owning
pseudonyms using PEM.

Eric