Last words, perhaps...

Ray rjc at gnu.ai.mit.edu
Thu Oct 28 01:38:05 PDT 1993

  In his final message, Mr. Wells accuses me of wanting to control, rule,
and abuse despite the fact that I've been on the list since it's
beginning and have participated in a grand total of 2 flames. He says our
actions should be based on a fundamental respect for others. He's already
abused my character far more than I did to Detweiler. While weeding out
my mailbox, I ran across the following:

T. William Wells writes:

> In article <9310250152.AA09786 at snark.lehman.com>,
> Perry E. Metzger <lehman.com!pmetzger> wrote:
> : [irrelevancy]
>
> I watched you arguing with Detweiler and thought that you were an
> idiot. However, I figured that Detweiler was sufficient
> provocation to bring out the idiot in just about anyone so I
> ignored that.
>
> But here you have proven that you really don't understand.
>
> This I don't intend to ignore. Welcome to my killfile. When you
> figure out why, you may be worthy of being removed from it.

  Not the words of an "understanding" and "sensitive" person.

  Everyone else seems to be getting in their last word. That's mine.
I've temporarily unsubscribed the list for an unspecified period. I can't
keep up with this war, my classes, and my work on the Extropians list
software.

-- Ray Cromwell        |    Engineering is the implementation of science;    --
-- rjc at gnu.ai.mit.edu  |       politics is the implementation of faith.      --
--                   Founding Member of the Dark Side                        --